Architecture Validation (Modelling/Content) Engineer - Graduate
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is a career defining opportunity to get in at the ground floor as we build our UK GPU Design Centre. We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. Soon-to-be graduates that excel at and love real-time computer graphics and are familiar with computer architecture and modelling, GPU programming, graphics algorithms, and game design are a perfect fit for our team.
- Undergraduate in the last year or postgraduate of a CE, EE, CS, or related field.
- Excellent communications skills, self-motivated and well-organised.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Familiar with computer architecture and modelling (GPU experience a plus)
- Ability to demonstrate expertise and knowledge of graphics rendering algorithms.
- Experience with GPU APIs; preferably Metal, OpenGL, and/or OpenCL.
You will be expected to: · Work with the modelling/content team to create bit-accurate C/C++ models of the GPU architecture. · Collaborate with the verification and software teams to identify both model and hardware bugs . · Develop performance models for analysing microarchitecture trade-offs. · Integrate performance and functional models, undertake analysis of the models accuracy, and present results and recommendations. · Collaborate with the graphics content development team to define, write, and debug GPU architectural, functional, and performance test suites. · You will support GPU hardware teams during model and design bring-up pre / post silicon. · You will support GPU software teams during driver bring-up. · Participate in the design and implementation of GPU verification tools and APIs. · Create production quality automated flows for graphics core verification. · You will work closely with many other teams to understand functional, performance, and power issues in the GPU. · Have the opportunity to propose design changes based on the issues found, and write low-level tests as well as application-level use cases exercising new GPU features. These innovative use cases may drive design changes and add exciting new feature to Metal API and other low-level GPU-accelerated APIs.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your final year of your BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD from a reputable university.
- Some international travel required
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.