Design Verification Engineer - Graduate
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Dynamic, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. The people who work here have reinvented entire industries with all Apple Hardware products. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. This is a career defining opportunity to get in at the ground floor as we build our UK GPU Design Centre. We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. As part of the Design Verification Team, you will work to deliver high quality graphics IP into future Apple products. As well as collaborating with experienced Design Verification Engineers, you will have the opportunity to work with the architecture team, RTL design team, and software teams.
- Undergraduate in the last year or postgraduate of a CE, EE, CS, or related field.
- Knowledgeable in advanced computer architecture and logic design.
- Confident with OOP programming using HDLs/HVLs such at SystemVerilog or C/C++.
- Familiarity with test creation, logic simulation & debug, correctness checking and completeness measurement.
- Excellent communication skills, ambitious and well-organised.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under aggressive schedules.
- A good understanding of computer architecture including one or more of the following: high-speed CMOS processor and controller blocks, cache controllers, bus-interface subsystems, integer and floating point numeric units, digital filters, crossbar fabrics and other high-speed data-path control units.
- High level understanding of GPU architecture desirable.
- You will work with the Design Verification Team to create verification plans— covering stimulus creation, checking strategy and completeness metrics—and collaborate with the architecture and design teams to ensure potential issues are dealt with as early as possible in the design cycle. - You will implement various components of the verification environment and participate in debugging testbench code as well as deep design debug. - As your verification plan approaches completion, you will be working closely with the design team to ensure all cases (including corners) are tested and the design behaves as intended.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your final year of your BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD from a reputable university.
- Some international travel will be required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.