Shazam - Site Reliability Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Music is all the ways you love music, all in one place. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. Millions of users. Billions of tags. Countless moments of discovery. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. Shazam powers thousands of requests per second for music recognitions all across the globe. You will be responsible for all of the infrastructure needed to power the metadata, content and data systems; from deployment of new resources to scaling existing ones to meet demand. Joining our London based team and reporting in directly to our Head of Site Reliability Engineering, you will collaborate closely with other SREs, developers, and product teams. You will also participate in an on-call rotation.
- Significant experience in crafting implementing and supporting highly scalable systems and services in one of the following C++, GO, Java, Python or Ruby
- A consistent track record of operating systems in a cloud environment, preferably Google Cloud Platform
- Proven technical authority in Site Reliability Engineering, with a track record of designing, delivering and managing large scale, high-volume big data and content platforms
- Excellent communicator who builds collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical partners
- A technical leader from whom engineers are excited to learn and work with
- A person who likes to move fast, pragmatically seeking problems with a can-do attitude
- A passionate individual who loves getting their hands dirty in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Dedicated lifelong learner who is always looking for new things to learn and try
As a key member of the Site Reliability Engineer team that owns all of the metadata, content and data you will work with multiple development teams to build the key backend services that power Shazam as well as participate in the development lifecycle at a very deep level, from the early stages of feature design all the way to seeing it released into production for our users to enjoy. You will be expected to write and review code and deeply understand how our applications work, and that means knowing how the code works. We hope you will help us continue to define and implement good Site Reliability Engineering practices within our SRE teams as well as our broader Engineering team.
Education & Experience
Degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related discipline