Shazam - Software Engineering Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Music is all the ways you love music, all in one place. Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. Millions of users. Billions of tags. Countless moments of discovery. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. At Shazam we are expected to know every song ever recorded, what it is called, who it is by and how you can listen to it. This role is to build and lead the team that continues to evolve the unique platform we have for processing the world’s music metadata that is seen by every Shazam user.
- A proven technical expert in software engineering and system architectures, with a track record of designing, delivering and managing large scale, high-volume services
- You will be an experienced software engineer that writes beautiful, concise, tested code. Significant experience of working with Java and Scala
- You're a technical leader who engineers are excited to work with and can learn from
- An excellent communicator who builds collaborative relationships with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- You will be a proven technical expert in software engineering and system architectures, with a track record of designing, delivering and managing large scale, high-volume services
You will own the end-to-end metadata processing architecture for Shazam and drive it forward, in collaboration with the multiple engineering teams that produce, process and consume data. This is both a hands-on engineering role and a technical leadership role, you will define, implement and ship features that enable teams to build on and create innovative new user experiences. Also you will introduce engineering skills and technologies to the team, adding to the already dynamic environment within Shazam In the future you will become subject matter expert for metadata across Shazam, brining detailed metadata related domain knowledge to bear on company-wide policies and decisions.
Education & Experience
Degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science or related discipline
- An expert in, and ideally a contributor to, open-source technologies and frameworks for data engineering
- A passionate music lover who has gained an understanding of the music industry