Siri - Machine Learning Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Play a part in the next revolution in human-computer interaction. Contribute to a product that is redefining mobile computing. Build groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, spoken language, big data, and artificial intelligence. And work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that helps millions of people get things done — just by asking. Join the Siri Speech team at Apple. The Siri team is looking for exceptionally skilled and creative Engineers/Scientists eager to get Involved in hands-on work improving the Siri experience.
- Experience building and tuning large vocabulary speech recognition or NLP systems
- Ability to implement experiments using scripting languages (Python, Perl, Ruby, bash) and tools written in C/C++
- Experience working with standard AI and speech recognition toolkits (such as Tensorflow, Pytorch, Kaldi, SRILM, OpenFST or equivalent proprietary systems) is helpful
- Experience working on ASR or NLP systems in multiple languages is helpful
- Large scale data analysis experience using distributed clusters (e.g. MapReduce) is helpful
You will be a part of a team that's responsible for a wide variety of speech-related research and development activities, including acoustic modeling, language modeling and tools development. Our speech recognition research is typically data driven and we are particularly passionate about unsupervised techniques to leverage large quantities of data. You should be passionate about building phenomenal products. Because you'll be working closely with engineers from a number of other teams at Apple, you’re a standout colleague who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Computer Science or related field