Carrier Technical Lead
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here? At Apple new ideas as have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. The EMEA Projects Delivery team is looking for a hardworking individual with excellent interpersonal skills and an extraordinary technical knowledge of cellular technologies. We are looking for someone to work directly with EMEA carriers to launch Apple’s pathbreaking wireless devices and innovative iOS software features on our operator networks. You should have extensive protocol stack knowledge of Wireless technologies (IMS, LTE, UMTS). The role requires you to have in-depth technical discussions with carriers, triage logs and also own the testing and validation cycles. You will also ensure that all issues are understood and resolved on time for successful commercialisation of Apple’s wireless devices and iOS software features within carrier’s networks. You will provide the interface between our EMEA carriers and Apple’s internal engineering and marketing/sales teams and keep them abreast of the project status.
- Proven experience in handling the end-to-end device certification process with carriers.
- Extensive proficiency and validated experience analysing logs for IMS based technologies: VoLTE and WiFi Calling.
- Using your applied knowledge and understanding of LTE, 3G (UMTS), WiFi and BT technologies in delivering complex projects.
- Program/project management experience delivering complex technical projects.
- Ability to establish relationships multi-functional with both internal and external teams.
- Proven planning and interpersonal skills.
- Reporting project status's, prioritising tasks, raising to senior management.
- The primary responsibilities of this team is to collaborate with internal carrier teams and understand carrier’s readiness for delivering Apple’s Wireless products and software features on iOS. - Once carriers are ready for deployment, Projects team will engage with carriers and lead end to end device/software certification process within defined achievements. - Certification process will involve reviewing carrier’s network design, drive carrier’s testing and identifying critical issues and help them in resolving the issues for successful launch of the projects. - This role occasionally involves travelling internationally (approximately 10-20%).
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science (or equivalent experience). - M.S. in Electrical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science or equivalent experience).