Visual Designer - The App Store
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The App Store is the world’s largest and most innovative software store. Designed to make discovering apps and games easier than ever before. We are part of an international focused design team. Apple Media is looking for a visual designer for our content design group.
- You'll have experience crafting the output of an editorially focused design product (e.g., Magazines, Digital Content, Journalism, etc.)
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography and illustration.
- You will be a conceptual thinker who is strategically centered.
- Demonstrates command of visual and communication design principles.
- Authors, shares and merchandises ideas in a cogent and inspiring manner.
- Delivers highly-resolved works at the intersection of culture and design.
- Act as a cultural guide exposing rare visual trends and seamlessly applying them to the Apple brand.
- Demonstrated mastery of the Adobe Creative and iWork suites.
- Ability to rapidly prototype visual design work in situation.
- You are a fountain of ideas and creative thinking who can think and implement quickly, laterally, independently or collaboratively.
- You are experienced in collaborating in the execution of an editorial design strategy and has an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful across platforms and audiences.
- Demonstrate strong user experience sensibilities with an uncanny level of curiosity; keeps up with the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies and resources.
- Collaborate with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to tackle complex problems with simple solutions.
- Have experience developing prototypes for a variety of platforms and use cases; can rapidly prototype their ideas across a myriad of Apple devices, experiences and scenario.
This role is for a problem solver and visual communicator who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can deliver designs from concept to implementation. You will be passionate about gaming, design, and technology. You will flourish in a fast paced, ever-changing, and deadline driven production environment.
Education & Experience
- Portfolio demonstrating perfection in delivering strategic and editorial ideas across digital, social or static form factors.
- Demonstrable experience in design or creative leadership experience required; bonus for tours in publishing, magazines, or content creation/delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in Web, Graphic, Information, Communication design or equivalent.
- Clear and concise communication and organization skills.
- Enthusiastic about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity.
- Proficient in Photoshop; motion design experience a plus but not required.