iCloud - Senior Software Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is looking for a hardworking and collaborative Senior Software Engineer to help our team make a big impact on iCloud. You will join a diverse team of software engineers, building network services that overcome the challenges of scale that iCloud brings.
- Self-starter enthusiastic for a broad spectrum of challenges.
- Experience working with others in fast-paced, multi-functional software development environments.
- Familiarity with common data structures and algorithms.
- Experience building network services in at least two different languages, including Java or Go.
- Knowledge of network protocols, for example HTTP or gRPC.
- Proven, practical experience with at least four of the following:
- - Developing software libraries or APIs for use by other developers in other teams or organisations.
- - Working with distributed systems, such as Cassandra, ZooKeeper and Kafka.
- - Working with cloud services, like CloudKit or Amazon Web Services.
- - Low-level systems development, for example kernel or device driver contributions.
- - Writing user documentation.
This is your chance to put a dent in the Universe. At Apple, your great ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services and customer experiences. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no limit to what you could accomplish. You will work with world-class teams in London and Cupertino who have a passion for doing this right and making an impact. You will possess curiosity, initiative and persistence. You will be a team-mate, a student and a mentor. Do you love the challenge of solving complex problems that can have a direct impact on the success of the company? Then we have the job for you! We promote innovation and new technology to further improve our creative output. We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience.