Scripted Development Executive
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
The Apple Originals team are looking for an experienced Scripted Executive to help develop unmissable shows from across Europe. This is an opportunity to join a small team working on premium content with global appeal. You’ll be working with A list talent on screen and off, growing a slate of exciting new drama and comedy. You will be part of the powerhouse of our development effort in the region. You’ll be responsible for working with writers to get scripts to green light stage, building a network of talent relationships and spotting the next big trends in global scripted TV.
- - You will have experience at script editor or above on at least one commissioned drama or comedy for a mainstream broadcaster
- - You will have a proven track record of championing multiple projects from script to production
- - Extensive work experience in script editing and/or development
- - A strong network of relationships with producers, writers and directors in the UK and US
- - You'll have a deep understanding of the global content landscape, particularly the SVODs
- - We need a team-player, able to handle a myriad of responsibilities across a diverse slate of projects
- - This is a demanding, dynamic and high-volume position that requires a can-do thinker who is able to prioritize, pivot when necessary, and exercise initiative and good judgement.
- Daily management of incoming scripts - Providing notes and feedback to inform decisions about development slate - Meetings with agents and key talent to identify potential projects - Close working relationship editorially with Creative Director, Europe worldwide video - Assisting on productions where appropriate - Attending script review meetings and helping with drafts - Researching books and providing notes where appropriate on IP