Video Editor, Apple Media Products Design
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Apple Media Products (AMP) team is an exciting environment and a fast-paced development organization. With customers in 155 countries, we are a thriving marketplace for music, movies, TV shows, books - and, of course, apps. Media Products Design Video team is responsible for the conception and production of motion graphics and video content, working closely with all of Apple’s product design and content teams to ensure the highest standards of development and execution of world-class video. We are looking for a creative video editor to join the team. You will have a real passion for storytelling, design, media and technology. This role requires working on a range of deliverables across multiple product, content, experiential and communication platforms while collaborating with other creative teams to deliver compelling original content.
- Experienced editor through a wide variety of productions (TV, documentary, marketing/social, corporate)
- You will have a mastery of editing platforms FCPX, Premiere, Avid.
- Proficiency in supporting applications such as After Effects, Photoshop, Resolve.
- Comfortable with both live action and animation storytelling
- An understanding of compression guidelines to meet proper delivery specifications.
- You will understand post-production workflows.
- Knowing how to address creative notes (directly/indirectly) so as not to destroy the underlying structure of what works well.
- Ability to retain a highly organized project, from initial edit through various localization deliveries.
- Understands deliverables across multi-platforms and aspect ratios
- Passion for story structure.
- Eye for details.
- You will have the ability to run and understand the creative review process.
- Forethought for the end-users’ experience.
- Ability to lead an edit room.
- Concentration and patience towards a task.
- Strong collaboration skills, team focused.
- Strong creative mind to work alone and deliver results.
- Understanding of time management and project breakdown.
- Ability to simplify communication (verbally and as a visual storyteller)
RESPONSIBILITIES: - You will be responsible for manipulating and editing footage together in a way that matches a creative brief and tells a cohesive story. - Offline editorial through color and VFX. - Offline editorial through audio mix. - Final online assembly of graded and mixed files. - Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film. - Work with director/brief to achieve the desired end result. - Oversee the quality of how the story is visually presented. - Reordering and fine-tuning content to ensure the logical flow of information. - Creating and testing graphic design elements to bring brand cohesion to projects. - Consult/review with partners to ensure proper goal is being met. - Suggesting or selecting music. Editing music track for desired emotional effect. - Finalizing technical aspects to ensure quality and proper delivery format.