Retail Partner Communications Manager, UK
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple's Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) Marketing Communications group works to ensure that the company’s strategic products are conveyed in the most compelling manner to a wide array of audiences in multiple markets and languages. Apple strives to design and deploy clear and consistent marketing communication tools, across both its own channels, and those of its key retail partners. Apple’s retail channel and carrier partners account for a considerable proportion of sales in EMEA. As Apple grows its product range — and with it, the size and quality of its point of sale (POS) network, the need to work in concert with these channel partners is becoming ever more critical. We believe an ongoing reciprocal dialogue is meaningful to ensure the quality and consistency of partner communications that promote the Apple product range. Apple Marketing Communications is looking for a Retail Partner Marcom Manager to be responsible for contributing to the overall quality of communications developed by our Retail partners in the UK. Heavy emphasis will be placed on senior relationship management (up to C suite) to drive best-in-class marketing and communications solutions in a very dynamic and fast-paced environment. In this role you will work closely with the rest of the Channel Marcom Group to localise WW campaigns and develop surrounding programs to drive awareness, consideration and sales. You will also partner with the EMEA Sales organisation to understand the business, inventory, and competitive dynamics, which, may influence our marketing communication's strategies and execution. This position will report into the Head of Retail Partner Communications and will be based in our London office.
- Significant experience in brand/marketing communications, ideally from leading consumer electronics or telecoms manufacturers, or affiliate marketing agencies.
- You are competent with influencing at the C-suite level.
- Extensive retail experience within the applicable local market.
- Previous experience within a global marketing organisation essential, ideally having worked in a Geo/Field role.
- Experience working within a recognised creative organisation is a strong plus.
- Proven depth of experience with integrated communications and account/client relationship management.
- Passionate about the detail, you will be an excellent teammate with validated persuasive/negotiation skills.
- You are ambitious and flexible, and possesses the skills required to run multiple tasks at one time.
- Work with key UK Retail partners representing Apple Marketing Communication and executing extraordinary marketing communications campaigns in the local market. - Connecting with external partners and internal Apple teams to help drive the very best creative for Apple products and services within our partner’s comms plans/platforms. - Develop the appropriate partner communications strategy for each Apple product and route-to-market, ensuring alignment between Worldwide partners (Marcom, Partner Marketing, Product Marketing, Sales). - Drive partner planning and execution of Apple product launches and campaign refreshes. Ensure timely and precise development of all Apple-led partner communications as well as all Partner-led communications. - Represent Apple marketing guidelines and programs and lead the day-to-day reviews and approvals of product and tactical marketing communications. - Develop a keen understanding of the Apple brand, the partner’s brand, the market/geo.
Education & Experience
- University degree/MBA preferred. - Being CIM qualified is also desirable. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.