Global Supply Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Part of Apple's core business is the creation and development of our world-class mechanical / industrial designs and as such, the management of the supply chain is required to be equally unique, innovative and specialized.
- Key Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience in Supply Chain or Project/Program Management in a fast-paced, innovative environment
- Knowledge of and experience with global supplier development & management, cost management, quality management
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong analytical capability
- Ability to make quick decisions in challenging environment
- Proven track record of meeting challenging organizational objectives
- Excellent communication skills, ability to work in multinational environments, driven and motivated by accomplishing world-class objectives
- Must have exceptional ability to maintain and develop cross-functional relationships within Apple as well as suppliers’ teams and management
- Excellent presentation skills to senior management.
- Ability to support significant International Travel.
We are seeking an experienced Global Supply Manager (GSM) to work with the Capital Expenditures Procurement team to help execute the following: -Define Scope: Partner with internal teams to define and drive project scope, schedule, and budget. -Program Management: Manage vendor and internal resources to achieve program objectives. Balance schedule, cost, and technical requirements to deliver timely state-of the art tooling in support of New Product Introductions. -Lead Execution: Ensure on-time execution and delivery for all phases of new product development: from prototype to final mass production tooling. -Cross-functional Support / Leadership: Support cross-functional teams during development and ramp. Demonstrate strong situational leadership of Apple as well as supplier’s teams. -Supply Chain Management: Develop and manage Apple’s global suppliers. Coordinate and identify supply optimization opportunities deep within the sub-tiers of the supply base. -Cost Management: Achieve most efficient costs for equipment while helping enable Apple’s unique design and testing requirements. -Global coo
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree plus 5-10 years Program management and supply chain experience required.
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 2 October 2019.