Software Develop Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The CloudKit team works collaboratively with other software teams to provide the best service integration on iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS devices. Hundreds of millions of iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Apple TV and Mac users rely on our code to sync and back up their data when theyʼre on the move.
- Strong programming skills and experience in C, Objective-C or Swift History of shipping software on tight schedules
- Experience with database performance work, parallelism, event-based programming, inter- process communication
We work on the client-side of the iCloud services, building the CloudKit and NSUbiquitousKeyValueStore APIs and their backing daemons on all Apple platforms (iOS, macOS, watchOS, tvOS). This job requires both low level (C/Objective C, libdispatch, POSIX APIs) and system-level skills (synchronization protocols, framework design, IPCs, multi-process performance work, system-wide resource sharing.) Reliability is essential, and weʼre looking for engineers with a real passion for building complex systems that will seamlessly recover in the event of errors. Weʼre passionate about both junior and senior engineers. In this role you will: - Work with adopters to craft clear APIs - Work with the network and file system stacks to build performant daemons - Work with our server counterparts to design scalable features and protocols The challenges include: - Scalability - Reliability - Power and performance
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Familiarity with sync, backup, diff and merge algorithms, network performance work iOS and Mac OS X development tools including Xcode, Instruments, git
- Self-starter, self-motivated, independent, and dedicated
- Proven ability to work on a large project
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 4 October 2019.