Architecture Validation (Modelling/Content) Engineer - Graduate
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Apple’s GPU Hardware Tech team are responsible for the outstanding graphics in Apple’s chips which power everything from Apple Watch and Apple TV to iPhone and iPad. We have unique career opportunities for grads interested in applying their hardware and software knowledge towards developing Apple’s cutting-edge GPUs. We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. Soon-to-be graduates that excel at and love real-time computer graphics and are familiar with computer architecture and modelling, GPU programming, graphics algorithms, and game design are a perfect fit for our team.
- Excellent communications skills, self-motivated and well-organised.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Computer architecture and modelling knowledge (GPU experience a plus)
- Ability to demonstrate expertise and knowledge of graphics rendering algorithms.
- Experience with GPU APIs; preferably Metal, OpenGL, and/or OpenCL.
- Work with the modelling/content team to create bit-accurate C/C++ models of the GPU architecture. - Work alongside the verification and software teams to identify both model and hardware bugs. - Develop performance models for analysing microarchitecture trade-offs. - Integrate performance and functional models, undertake analysis of the models accuracy, and present results and recommendations. - Collaborate with the graphics content development team to define, write, and debug GPU architectural, functional, and performance test suites. - You will support GPU hardware teams during model and design bring-up pre / post silicon. - You will support GPU software teams during driver bring-up. - Participate in the design and implementation of GPU verification tools and APIs. - Create production quality automated flows for graphics core verification. - You will work closely with many other teams to understand functional, performance, and power issues in the GPU. - Have the opportunity to propose design changes based on the issues found, and write low-level tests as well as application-level use cases exercising new GPU features. These innovative use cases may drive design changes and add exciting new feature to Metal API and other low-level GPU-accelerated APIs.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your final year of your BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD from a reputable university.
- Some international travel required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.