Design Verification Intern
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Apple’s GPU Hardware Tech team are responsible for the outstanding graphics in Apple’s chips which power everything from Apple Watch and Apple TV to iPhone and iPad. We have unique career opportunities for students interested in applying their hardware and software knowledge towards developing Apple’s cutting-edge GPUs. We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. As a Design Verification Intern, you will work to deliver high quality graphics IP into future Apple products. In addition to collaborating with experienced Design Verification Engineers, you will also have the opportunity to interact with the architecture team, RTL design team, and software teams.
- Undergraduate in the third year or postgraduate enrolled a CE, EE, CS, or related field.
- Good knowledge of advanced computer architecture and logic design.
- Coursework on OOP programming using HDLs/HVLs such as SystemVerilog or C/C++.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ambitious and well-organised.
- Ability to work well in a team and be productive under tight schedules.
- High level understanding of GPU architecture desirable.
With mentorship, you will partner with your Design Verification colleagues to create verification plans— covering stimulus creation, checking strategy and completeness metrics. You will also collaborate with the design and architecture teams to ensure potential issues are dealt with as early as possible in the design cycle. You will implement various components of the verification environment and participate in debugging testbench code as well as deep design debug. You will also work closely with our design team to ensure all cases (including corner cases) are tested and that the design behaves as intended. This is a chance to develop expertise in ASIC and SOC design and verification. 3, 6 and 12 month internships are available.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your 3rd year of a CE, EE, CS, or related field.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.