App Store Editor, UK&I - maternity cover
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apps have super powers. They not only have the power to transform your iPhone into a personal trainer or your iPad into a digital dark room, but they can also enable you to fling some birds and pigs or run a racing team while you're waiting for the bus. All these amazing possibilities live in the App Store! To make sure that our customers experience the best of the more than two million apps and games available worldwide, our editorial team works hard to select the best our developers have to offer. We are looking for an experienced editor with a finger on the pulse of app culture. You know what makes a great app or game, what’s relevant to UK and Ireland audiences and how to engage customers in our store.
- Previous experience or employment positions in editorial or content marketing – ideally in mobile.
- Excellent understanding of the depth and breadth of software, across all Apple products
- A real passion for technology.
- Proven ability to manage deadlines and work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong sense of design and able to dissect a user interface and evaluate its usability, highlighting only the strongest and most visually appealing content.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically and a capacity for analytics.
- A keenness to be resourceful, creative and results oriented while working within a high energy environment.
- Comfortable working strict deadlines.
- Experience working with content management systems (CMS)
We are looking for an articulate and curious individual, who will be tasked with picking the best apps to showcase to our customers, scrutinising every title to the highest standards. Critical to this position is an understanding of what can excite and interest App Store and Apple customers. Editors are able to explain their rationale for selections and distinguish those apps that are in keeping with App Store’s editorial voice and consistent with Apple values. As well as judicial editorial judgement, the role requires skills in digital production. It is important that you are able to produce the store — to the highest quality — working with multiple partners, under strict time pressure and drive editorial vision. You will curate a first-class customer experience, across all devices and throughout the various app categories. The App Store is a dynamic and diverse marketplace, so be flexible in your approach, juggle multiple deliveries simultaneously and be comfortable with ambiguity. Collaboration is key to success, we are looking for a positive and dedicated person who thrives in team environments.
Education & Experience
Fluency in English is required. Additional languages are a plus. This is a maternity cover contract role.
- We would like you to pick out three of your favourite apps or mobile games and write two sentences on each describing to somebody why they should try them. Please present this separately to your CV and saved as 'your name - Editorial Task'