Pay Business Development - 12 month contract role
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Pay is seeking a Business Development Manager to help the team attract new users to the platform and encourage more active usage. This will be achieved by providing compelling reasons for people to adopt the platform and by making it easier for them to join and use. As in any growing team the role will require a combination of traditional business development alongside the need to deliver existing projects. The role will focus on two important use cases for Apple Wallet, firstly to improve the payments customer experience for Apple Pay, and secondly to drive the adoption of digital sports and events ticketing. The Business Development Manager will need to work with existing major UK issuers to ensure the customer onboarding and daily usage experience for their customers is as seamless and intuitive as possible. Digital ticketing is a less well developed use case and the Business Development Manager will need to develop a strong ecosystem, from ticketing providers who can provide scale to strategic venues who can act as case studies. The Apple Pay International Team is essentially an early stage, fast-growing business within Apple. As a result team members thrive in a dynamic, evolving environment where everyone “rolls up their sleeves” to deliver our objectives.
- You will:
- Develop strong working relationships with partners outside Apple, including card issuers, access control providers & ticketing platforms
- Seek out and implement new approaches and best practices and share insights and opportunities across the wider Apple team
- Work with card issuers to deliver a range of customer experience and functionality improvements for our joint customers
- Handle aspects of ongoing relationship with the most important card issuers on the platform to ensure contractual obligations are met and best practices are adopted
- Develop existing relationships and build new ones with significant players in the digital ticketing ecosystem to broaden the reach of Apple Wallet as the centre of this experience
- Identify and manage implementations of digital ticketing that could be considered world-class implementations, and turn these into compelling case studies
Your experience should include: - A proven track record of developing new business in either digital ticketing or access control for the sports/entertainment vertical - Knowledge of mobile wallets or card issuers would also be welcome - Experience of managing complex projects with successful delivery in these industries - Ability to collaborate with a variety of internal partners, across different teams and geographies - Ability to analyse implementations and identify improvements - Experience of working skilfully cross-functionally with multiple partners in large organisations, including internationally - Strong analytical capabilities - Excellent verbal and written communication skills - Passion for new technology and innovation
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S./M.S. EE/CS or equivalent training or experience
- To apply, please share your CV and in a separate document answer the following questions:
- In 300 words or less:
- 1. Why are you interested in this role?
- 2. Where was the last place you saw Apple Pay that surprised you?
- 3. How would you increase Apple Pay usage at stadia?