Technical Project Manager (Issuer Onboarding) - Apple Pay
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple Pay is seeking a technical project manager to handle the on boarding of new issuers, merchants, and other partners for the Apple Pay platform in Europe. Within this role you will work cross functionally with Business Development leads, Apple Pay Engineering Program Managers, Engineers, Operations, Product Marketing as well as with Payment Networks, Issuers and Acquirers to help define and deliver payment processing solutions to support in app and payments at physical Points of Sale. In partnership with the Business Development team, you will work directly with Issuer partners to help develop and manage new engagements and projects to deliver new Point of Sale and in app payment capabilities. You will be a “hybrid” product/project professional and provide key Subject Matter Expertise to the initial engagement with new Apple Pay partners. The candidate will also be commercially astute in positioning complex technologies to senior business audiences. You will have experience in payment processing, mobile payments, mobile commerce, NFC ecosystem and applications as well as Issuer mobile applications. A working knowledge of EMV and chip cards, contactless and NFC payments, e-commerce, fraud management as well as general payments from an Issuer’s perspective are required. Direct experience in implementing mobile NFC and/or e-commerce projects with Issuers is also required. The ability to thrive in a high-paced, start up-like environment while enjoying being involved from the beginning to the finish of a new Apple Pay project is a must have quality. Organisational and project management skills are also key. This role is full time and is located in our European headquarters in London and will report into the London team as well as matrix into the Global Programme Management team based in Cupertino.
- We are seeking a product professional that doubles as a go-to person for Issuers with successful project and partner management experience.
- Strong product background in card payments and e-commerce over and above excellent project delivery/execution experience.
- An engineering background with some project management experience preferred.
- Track record of quickly earning credibility based on your knowledge and ability to learn quickly.
- Adept at communicating with developers, non-technical business partners and executive leaders.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, conflict resolution and decision-making skills.
- Outstanding time management, documentation and organisational skills.
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Direct experience working with national retailers on cross channel initiatives and emerging technology is desirable.
- Understanding of network tokenisation standards, NFC and contactless in an EMV environment and 3-D Secure rails is beneficial.
- Understanding of mobile applications development and user experience design principle is helpful.
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal mentorship.
- Upbeat and collaborative who feeds off of goal setting and achievement.
- Native proficiency in English required -additional European languages highly desirable.
Help formulate and coordinate the requirements and on boarding plans with Issuers including identifying scope, solution definition for physical terminals or in app payment architecture, testing plans and post launch operational processes. Handle communication or progress/status within core team and external Issuer engagement teams; escalate issues as necessary. Ensure risks are identified and mitigated. Work closely with Product/Engineering, networks, issuers, processors and cross functional teams to resolve issues that arise during solution definition or implementation. Participate in Issuer, scheme and merchant meetings to understand and evaluate merchant capabilities and risks. The ability to prioritize multiple Issuer interactions from initiation to completion while providing consistent updates and communication to senior management will guide success in this role. Travel is required.
Education & Experience
B.A./B.S./M.S. EE/CS or equivalent A degree or qualification in Computer Science or Engineering or similar is highly desirable.