Information Systems and Technology Internship - Software Engineer
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so we are looking for a passionate engineer to join Apple’s Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) division during the summer of 2020, on a 3 month internship.
- We are seeking a hands-on, hardworking developer with a passion for web/internet technologies, who enjoys technical problem solving. The ideal candidate will have demonstrable knowledge of programming languages, such as:
- Java, PHP, Python or similar
- Can you thrive in a creative, fast-paced, challenging environment, comfortable working with different teams across regions? If so, this may be the role for you.
Global businesses like Apple have many software development teams distributed around the world, working in different offices, countries and timezones. When you are able to be in the same meeting room or sit next to someone collaboration is easy, but take a team and spread the members around the world and this becomes much harder. What if developers in different locations could work on the same piece of code as if they were sat next to each other sharing the same keyboard? As an IS&T intern at Apple, your project will focus on using cutting-edge technology to explore and identify solutions for enabling developers to work simultaneously on the same line of code, and to deliver a proof of concept to demonstrate this. If this sounds like a challenge that you could rise to, then this could be the opportunity for you! - This position requires a highly motivated person who wants to help us overcome a real-world collaboration challenge. - You will work with a diverse, dynamic team in Stockley Park, London, and will be able to interact with teams globally including those based in Cupertino, CA. - You will be given the freedom to influence the project direction and requirements to make it your own.
Education & Experience
This role is only available to students enrolled in their penultimate year of study, who will graduate and be available to begin full time employment in summer 2021.
- Once you complete your internship, high-performing interns will be eligible for full-time offers into Apple's IT Development Program (ITDP). ITDP is a two year rotational training program that offers a completely customisable series of assignments within IS&T. Upon completion of the ITDP, participants leverage their training in advanced roles within Apple IS&T.
- Closing date for applications is Friday 1st November 2019.