Information Systems and Technology (IS&T) Internship - Accessibility / Data Visualisation Developer
Uxbridge, Greater London, United Kingdom
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Would you like to work in a fast-paced environment where your technical abilities will be challenged on a day-to-day basis? If so we are looking for a passionate engineer to join Apple’s Information Systems & Technology (IS&T) division during the summer of 2020, on a 3 month internship.
- We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a passion for technology and technical problem solving, who would also be keen to develop knowledge in web accessibility and data visualisation. The ideal candidate must be a logical thinker, with strong technical and analytical skills, as well as demonstrable experience of programming languages such as:
- Java, Python, C (or equivalent)
- Can you thrive in a creative, fast-paced, challenging environment, comfortable working with different teams across regions?
Businesses like Apple deal with a lot of data and rely on visualisation tools to see important information at a glance. But what if someone has a visual impairment and is unable to see this data? As an IS&T intern at Apple, your project will focus on re-inventing data visualisations, in order to develop fully accessible next generation solutions that aim to solve this challenging industry problem. With your help we want to make data visualisations usable for everyone! If this sounds like a challenge that you could rise to, then this could be the opportunity for you! - This position requires a highly motivated person who wants to help us invent real-world accessibility solutions. - You will work with a diverse, dynamic team in Stockley Park, London, and will be able to interact with teams globally including those based in Cupertino, CA. - You will be given the freedom to influence the project direction and requirements to make it your own.
Education & Experience
This role is only available to students enrolled in their penultimate year of study, who will graduate and be available to begin full time employment in summer 2021.
- Once you complete your internship, high-performing interns will be eligible for full-time offers into Apple's IT Development Program (ITDP). ITDP is a two year rotational training program that offers a completely customizable series of assignments within IS&T. Upon completion of the ITDP, participants leverage their training in advanced roles within Apple IS&T.
- Closing date for applications is Friday the 1st November 2019.