Backend Data Engineer - Data Platform, Scala / Java / Spark (Apple Media Products)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Data Platform team is looking for enthusiastic engineers help build and improve the next generation of our data platforms, pipelines and services, here in London. This is an exciting opportunity to work within AMP, the team behind the App Store, Apple Music, iTunes, and many other high profile products on iPhone, Mac and AppleTV. We are looking for backend engineers with Big Data experience who enjoy working on problems at scale. Experience of Big Data technologies such as Spark, Hadoop and Kafka, as well as proficiency in Scala or Java, is essential. We offer a flexible, family friendly working environment and a wide range of competitive benefits. You will be encouraged and supported to do your best work and have fun doing so.
- Experience in implementing and supporting highly scalable data systems and services written in Scala or Java.
- Experience with Spark is essential.
- A strong knowledge of data structures and algorithms is essential.
- Experience with Hadoop, Kafka or equivalent technologies is strongly desirable.
- Experience with key/value stores, relational databases and Solr/Lucene/elasticsearch is an advantage.
- A deep understanding of HTTP is desirable.
In this role you will help engineer highly visible global-scale systems with petabytes of data, supporting hundreds of millions of users. You will be building large-scale data pipelines to feed batch and near-realtime/streaming systems. As well as building shared platform tools and services for other teams to use. If you are a developer with experience of Big Data, who is looking for their next challenge, then we would love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Degree in Computer Science or related discipline or meaningful career experience