EMEIA Financial Control & Analysis - Performance, Planning & Insight
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. The successful candidate will become a member of the Sales Finance team at Apple. With approx. 200 employees based across EMEIA this team works with the Sales function to provide best in class commercial and financial support. Being part of the Sales Finance team means obsessing over the customer experience; when problem solving, stripping out what is not essential and focussing on what is; demanding the very best from yourself and the rest of the team; blazing the right path of action, zeroing in on what is critical and letting go of what isn’t; being part of a high performing team and connecting with others, asking for help when needed and going out of your way to help others succeed. Reporting to the Financial Control & Analysis (FC&A) Manager, the role will have an understanding of the growth drivers of revenue and margin as well as analysing investment decisions. The role requires working with central and remote partners from both the Finance and Sales teams.
- Excellent business partnering support and analytical mind-set
- Customer-centric approach to business
- Self-starter who takes initiative and can work without continuous instruction. Takes ownership for the role and its output
- Strong analytical skills with outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate across different teams
- Willing to offer a point of view and professional judgement
- Ability to synthesize large amounts of information and analysis into clear and insightful communication and output
- Attention to detail and accuracy is key as output from the team will be used to make strategic business decisions
- Excellent systems skills including strong knowledge of Excel and Keynote. Experience with Essbase, a plus
- Background in consumer electronics / technology or FMCG sectors is preferred
- Ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to urgent requests for information. High standard of planning and organising skills
- Drive to build and lead successful virtual teams
Working on key projects across the FC&A team improving efficiency and our ability to better report on and analyse cost and return on investment. Examples would include organisational restructures, residual value, return on investment on Field Force, RTM Cost Centre mapping, T&E remapping and P&L analysis Drive the Annual Plan process including Units, Revenue and Opex consolidation. Provide key insight into our productivity around our people and functions Lead the Headcount forecast process with a focus on key drivers, managing to targets and maintaining the core data in HRT Support on managing the control environment Supporting deep dive / QBR analysis on key topics in FC&A Prepare Executive communications and presentations
Education & Experience
Degree and/or MBA required with backing of professional accountancy qualification
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 21 November 2019.