RF Systems Engineer - Multi-radio Coexistence
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. Apple RF System Engineering team is looking for engineers to work on overall system performance of multi-radio coexistence for various wireless technologies (Cellular, WiFi, BT, GPS and NFC .. etc.), across a wide variety of products.
- You have solid understanding of RF hardware and system design, including system-level grounding, shielding, isolation and electromagnetic interference mitigation.
- You have deep understanding on RF link budget, Rx gain line-up, Rx AGC operation and optimization techniques for different jammer conditions
- Understand RF component characteristic, experience with lab equipment including spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, oscilloscope, and/or packet sniffer
- Able to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental modifications to intricate hardware
- Knowledge on co-existence mitigation scheme, MAC/PHY and throughput performance, and programming / scripting skills (i.e. Python, MATLAB) is a plus
- Excellent communication skills required, both written & verbal
- Ability to travel, both domestically and internationally, up to 20%
You will be involved in system development of wireless products with a focus on multi-radios co-existence design. You will define co-existence performance requirements and test methodology to ensure Apple product meets those requirements. You will work with cross-functional teams, vendors, contract manufacturers, and technology suppliers to provide design guideline, review PCB and flex layouts, debug and resolve multi-radio coexistence issues. You will also lead the manufacturing test and debug / failure analysis efforts. You will participate in developing system mitigation that optimizes product performance. This includes hardware, firmware, software solutions and algorithms to mitigate coexistence issues.
Education & Experience
Bachelors Degree or Master Degree in Electrical Engineering