Apple Media Services Development Programme 2020
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
*** Please note the application task at the bottom *** Apple’s services open up a world of content for customers across the globe. Apple Music is all the music you love, in one place. With Apple TV, you can enjoy films and TV shows in 4K HDR. Apple Books is where you’ll find the next phenomenal read. And the App Store is the world’s largest catalogue of software and games. Do you share our passion for content? If so, we are seeking enthusiastic and ambitious applicants to join our year long programme. The 12 full time roles will commence in June 2020 for a full year, above competitively salaried, and include a programme to support personal development. Whichever role you take, you will have a range of responsibilities including meaningful day-to-day tasks alongside longer project work. During the programme, you will become a vital and impactful member of the team and every single day will be different, rewarding and challenging.
- Do you have...
- a real passion for digital media content
- a can-do, hardworking approach to solving problems: the environment here is very collaborative.
- a flexible outlook with the ability to learn new processes and technology quickly.
- an aptitude for organisational skills, ability to balance different priorities and an outstanding attention to detail.
- a love of curiosity. Be are eager to learn, ask questions and demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills.
We are a fast paced company and your responsibilities are likely to grow and change during your time with us. This is a short overview of each of the 12 roles: Apple Music: working across both editorial/playlist curation and artist/label relations. Responsible for programming playlists, conducting market research and communicating with our major label and independent partners. Apple Music Business Programs: supporting planning and decision-making for the global music leadership team by providing competitive intelligence of the music and content subscription services marketplace. Business Strategy & Planning: supporting teams with analysis, business reviews and key development projects. You’ll need an analytical mind and be very comfortable with the manipulation of data and financial modelling. Apple Books: work with us to find the best books & audiobooks in every genre for our customers. You will do this by reading/listening widely, communicating with our publishing partners and using our internal tools to build merchandising plans. International Services Partner Marketing: collaborating on strategic partner marketing programmes such as Apple Music for Carriers. The Partner Marketing team is part of the wider Central Marketing organisation and with a global remit you’ll be working with many teams from Apple Music to iCloud, Apple News and potentially also Apple TV and Apple Arcade. Apple TV & Movies: work with the editorial and business team to deliver an outstanding customer experience across our platforms. From content tracking, liaising with major studios and broadcasters to content curation. You’ll need to be someone everyone asks first about what’s the best new TV show or movie to watch. Content/Partnership Marketing: supporting marketing efforts through creative campaigns and social media plans across all of Apple's content types. App Store: working with our business team to track priorities, grow developers and support our editorial curation and promotion of their work. You should be passionate about apps and knowledgable about business models on the App Store. Platoon - Business: sit within the Business & Product team and support data analytics, product development, commercial deals and finance operations. Platoon - Services & Communication: working with our music team, and identifying key marketing opportunities for campaigns/artists and work with the niche marketing team to streamline and improve the marketing process. Graphic Design - creating cutting edge designs to showcase the latest music, film, TV, app and book releases. You will need to have a background and training in design. Advanced proficiency in Photoshop required. Shazam - Product: Driving new, innovative features for Shazam apps. You’ll have a passion for the user experience, be comfortable analysing data, defining product requirements and communicating these with Developers / Designers.
Education & Experience
Must be available to attend our assessment day on either 10th or 11th Feb 2020 in London (travel assistance is available). Able to complete the full programme (1 year), starting June 2020. Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK - documented evidence of eligibility is required. These are entry level roles and are all based in London. We can support relocation from other parts of the UK.
- How to Apply
- Please answer the below questions ASAP (no later than 9th Dec 2019) in 350 words or less and attach as a 'Cover Letter' document using Pages, Word, PDF etc:
- 1. Why are you interested in joining the Apple Media Services Development Programme?
- 2. What has Apple done that has most interested you in the last 2 years?
- 3. What is most exciting about the future of Apple's role in the world of media?
- 4. Which role (there are 12) most interests you and why? Please choose no more than 2.
- 5. What are your thoughts on using human curators, as opposed to algorithms, to decide what content (songs, TV series etc) to recommend to people?
- 6. How did you hear about this role?
- 7. Do you currently have the Right To Work in the UK? Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor a visa or international relocation at this level.