London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Marcom (Marketing Communications) is Apple’s European Marketing Communications group. Overseeing all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications across Europe! Reporting to the Creative Director of Design and in partnership with the Production Design Lead, the role of Production Designer is to liaise between the Creative Design Studio and multiple functions within Marcom, ensuring the original design intent—established by approved creative—is maintained thoughtfully and consistently throughout the production processes. In this role, you will provide production mechanical building expertise and bespoke in-house art-working combined with an excellent sense of design acumen to maintain the high-level design and quality standards of Apple. In addition to the above, the Production Designer will oversee the Design QA of all Apple Europe’s localised marketing across digital and print for both Apple-led and Partner-led communications. This is done throughout the year but also will require travel to the U.S. several times a year for between two to four weeks at a time.
- Expert in Mechanical Production, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator plus Keynote presentation skills. Sketch and After Effects skills a bonus.
- Able to implement a project’s core creative across the full suite of print and some online deliverables.
- Excellent creative skill and design acumen with outstanding attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to explain ideas and direction to others clearly, diplomatically and concisely.
- A good listener and practical problem solver.
- A results driven person, with integrity and determination.
- Able to work autonomously.
- Passionate about the creative process, adding insight and value to creative projects as they move through to execution.
- Comfortable working with diverse teams, including Creative, Project Management, Print Production and external production agencies.
- Work well with others, particularly other Creatives and the Production Design Lead, maintaining a professional demeanour and working well in situations of ambiguity.
- React quickly to new information, opinions and direction and strategically pivot when necessary.
- Minimum 5 years Production Design experience implementing complex design concepts into a varied set of marketing materials.
- Creative Advertising or Design Agency experience preferred. Samples of design implementation and mechanical production samples required.
Directly support the Production Design Lead and Creative Design Studio. Provide expertise in mechanical production, Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Use design implementation experience to anticipate and problem-solve executional issues such as layout composition, image cropping, scaling, layout ratio reformatting, resolution, function, colour, re-touching, reproduction and finishing. Build and maintain design roadmaps, master layouts, and other internal visual documents that convey creative direction and production specifications to internal and external users, agencies and partners. Create and design internal presentations and communications: to include campaign summary emails, Keynote decks and collateral for internal events. Partner with cross-functional teams, both internally and with external agencies. Partner with the Business Affairs and Content teams to identify and select the best screens and third party content to appear in our marketing deliverables across Europe.
Education & Experience
A BA degree in a related field or equivalent. Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.