Systems, Process & Reporting - Data Scientist (Sales Finance)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. You will become a member of the Sales Finance team at Apple. With approx. 200 employees based across EMEIA this team works with the Sales function to provide best in class commercial and financial support. Being part of the Sales Finance team means obsessing over the customer experience; when problem solving, stripping out what is not essential and focussing on what is; demanding the very best from yourself and the rest of the team; blazing the right path of action, zeroing in on what is critical and letting go of what isn’t; being part of a high performing team and connecting with others, asking for help when needed and going out of your way to help others succeed. We are keen to leverage the benefits of data science and machine learning within the tools and processes of Sales Finance. Consequently, we are looking for a data scientist who is passionate about working closely with Finance and Sales teams, will work to understand their processes and analytic needs, and will be able to define requirements and co-develop solutions with technical teams. We want somebody who can lead machine learning efforts from a Sales Finance perspective, partnering closely with IS&T and Sales BPR. You will work in a collaborative environment with minimal formal structure and should be comfortable in a changing environment with competing priorities. You will possess proven business insight, a strong quantitative / technical background, natural curiosity, and the ability to effectively shift between communications styles based on the audience (technical peer review through leadership update). As this is a role within Finance, you will also be required to have attention to detail as well as strong business and finance acumen.
- Proficiency in query languages such as SQL
- Programming skills in Python
- Skilled user of business intelligence tools: Tableau, Essbase, BusinessObjects, and Excel
- Ability to translate technical content for non-technical audiences and vice-versa
- Experience in eliciting business requirements and defining key finance metrics
- Experience in applying analytical techniques to provide solutions to real business problems
- Strong verbal / written communication skills
- Creativity to go beyond current tools to deliver the best solution to the problem
- Detail oriented and self-motivated individual able to function effectively when working independently or in a team.
Partner with IS&T to develop machine learning strategy and solutions for Sales Finance. Maintain and propose updates to existing machine learning models. Design machine learning solutions to improve the speed, efficiency, and quality of decision-making. Engage with business users to understand requirements and deliver tools/analytics that will support their needs. Manage project communications, implement change, and deliver training. Lead and/or participate in multi-functional teams to address business complexity issues from an analysis and process perspective and be the focal point of contact for systems issues. Obsess over the user interface and user experience on solutions.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Mathematics, Statistical Analysis, Finance or related field
- This position offers competitive salary and benefits.
- The position will remain open until 6 December 2019.