Legal Counsel - Wallet, Payments and Commerce
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Apple is looking for an expert payments attorney to join Apple’s Legal Department to support the Wallet, Payments, and Commerce teams across Europe and the Emerging Markets region, with a primary focus on regulatory and product counseling, but also on other commercial, consumer, and legal matters impacting Wallet, Payments, and Commerce.
- Do you have...?
- Deep knowledge of and familiarity with European directives, laws, and regulations impacting payments and financial services—and in particular payment cards, credit and overdraft services, and mobile wallets—including PSD2 and the Consumer Credit Directive
- Significant experience providing product counseling advice for payment cards, consumer credit products and other credit or debit services
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, with strong intellectual property law and technology transactions background preferred
- Knowledge of the regulations applicable to collecting, storing, and using personal financial information
- Knowledge of e-commerce regulations a plus
- Excellent client development and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and collaboration skills essential
- Experience working in an international team a plus
Must have a proven understanding of, and demonstrable working experience with, European directives, laws, and regulations related to credit, debit cards, prepaid cards, and mobile wallets. Primary responsibilities include advising the Apple Pay and Wallet management team on a wide range of issues related to offering and using consumer financial products and services through mobile wallets. YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO: (a) serve as a product counsel and shape responses to legal and regulatory requirements applicable to consumer financial services and products (b) advise on the legal aspects of Apple’s relationships with third parties in the financial services industry, and (c) understand and translate the directives, laws, and regulations that apply to banks, payment networks, payment schemes, and other participants in the payment card industry. We have a close-knit local team and a global team spanning the US, Europe, and around the world.
Education & Experience
We are looking for a qualified lawyer from a top-tier practice with excellent academic credentials. This role is based in London, UK.