Shazam – Graduate Software Engineering Placement
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Why Apple? Imagine what we could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job, and there’s no telling what we could accomplish. Apple Music is all the ways you love music, all in one place. Within this team, Shazam brings a unique brand of magic to millions every day. Millions of users. Billions of Shazams. Countless moments of discovery. It’s our people – their imagination, skills and ideas – that shape our future, and help us make the impossible come to life. As a graduate software engineering placement at Shazam for one year, you will start in June 2020 and spend a year within our engineering teams based in our London office, the tech hub of Shazam. Our program is designed to help you explore where your passion lies within software engineering and give you the invaluable experience of delivering features as a full stack engineer. You will spend the first half rotating through our frontend and backend engineering teams. After that, you’ll be given the opportunity to pick the team you want to spend the second half of your placement in.
- Our ideal candidate is:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced technical environment and can handle technical conversations with software engineers
- A fast learner with the ability to adapt to new team environments and priorities quickly
- A phenomenal teammate that can work expertly with managers and developers alike
- A passionate programmer
You will have the opportunity to rotate through the following teams: - iOS (Swift, Objective-C) - Android (Kotlin) - Data (Scala) - Metadata (Scala) - External APIs (Kotlin, Go, Java), and - Site Reliability Engineering (Go) After the rotations, you will join the team of your choice, and work on their projects. You will also own and work on a cross-functional feature, towards which you can put your knowledge across the teams into action. On successful completion of this placement, there may be an opportunity to turn this placement into a Software Engineer role.
Education & Experience
A graduate or a final year student studying towards a degree relevant to software engineering or has equivalent experience. Previous programming experience.
- Your primary responsibilities will include:
- - Helping develop features on specific projects, mentored by an expert software engineer
- - Working with team members to help define technical solutions to customers’ requirements
- - Working with teams to follow the best engineering practices and quality requirements
- - Actively participating in the team discussions and meetings
- The closing date for application is 3rd February2020.