Apple Pay - Software Development Engineer (Quality)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could carry out. The Apple Pay team is responsible for delivering server-side solutions for the iOS ecosystem. You’ll be joining a team of elite engineers and interacting daily with teams that span across Apple including iOS software and hardware engineering, Apple Online Store, Apple Retail, and our network and banking partners.
- Experience of strong object-oriented programming and design, including Java.
- Experience working with relational database systems and authority SQL scripting skills; experience with NoSQL solutions is a plus.
- Experience providing and consuming RESTful web services and JSON.
- Experience working in an agile software development environment.
- Ability to define and execute comprehensive server-side test plans.
- Strong Unix skills and proficient with at least one shell and high level scripting language (bash, perl, python).
- Strong background in crafting or extending existing test frameworks; JUnit, TestNg.
- In-depth knowledge of iOS (user-experience, software, and hardware).
- At ease with maven, svn and git; expertise with continuous integration systems using Jenkins.
- Basic understanding on application security; authentication, authorization, cryptography, etc.
- Understanding of packet sniffer tools such as Wireshark, tcpdump, etc.
- Experience solving problems OS, database, network configuration, and applications server issues.
- Understanding of performance testing concepts and tools.
- Evangelize software testing standard methodologies and Influence architecture and design decisions.
The Apple Pay team is growing! The group is looking for an extraordinary software development engineer in quality with strong experience in building client and server test automation. We work in an agile software development environment and are building infrastructure to move towards continuous delivery where every code change is thoroughly tested by push of a button and is considered ready to be deployed if we choose so. With exponential growth that we experience at Apple Pay, we are looking to scale our test infrastructure for fast and effective integrations. Come join the team and be part of this initiative. To be successful in this role you should be an A+ developer with strong programming fundamentals and have what it takes to design, document, and automate tests. You must be able to design, document and develop restful services at scale. You will be ambitious, can constantly research and suggest the latest technologies, independently solve technical issues, and work with teams of developers, test engineers, and engineering project managers who take pride in building server solutions. You will be involved in all phases and layers of the application, and have a direct impact on the experience of millions of customers.
Education & Experience
• BS degree in computer science or equivalent industry experience.