Environmental SAP REA Project Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
At Apple, we’re a diverse collection of thinkers and doers, continually reimagining our products, systems, and practices to help people do what they love in new ways. This is a deeply reciprocal place, where everything we build is the result of people in different roles and teams working together to make each other’s ideas stronger. That same real passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices, strengthening our dedication to leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s International Environmental Initiatives team is seeking new talent to strengthen its team responsible for assuring compliance with Extended Producer Responsibility requirements across the Europe, Middle East, India and Africa (EMEIA) region. The role is focussed on the development, implementation and maintenance of the SAP Recycling Administration (REA) tool. The International Environmental Initiatives team's mission is to ensure that Apple's products, manufacturing processes, and recycling programs exceed the strictest environmental regulatory requirements. We anticipate future trends and help to formulate strategies on environmental leadership programs. We support Apple's corporate environmental teams to deliver industry-leading initiatives to reduce our impact on climate change, conserve finite resources, and eliminate the use of harmful substances through smarter chemistry.
- Relevant working experience in the field of developing data orientated software solutions;
- Proficiency in using and developing SAP is required, experience in SAP REA is a plus;
- Comprehensive project management and project delivery experience;
- Strong communication skills including the ability to present complex systems/datasets to internal and external stakeholders;
- Proof of professionally mastering advanced use of Excel;
- Ability to approach problems flexibly;
- Thrives in work environments that require independence;
- Experience in interacting with interdisciplinary project teams;
- Demonstrated organizational and documentation skills with a high level of attention to detail;
- Proficiency in English is essential, additional EU language(s) a plus
- Experience in preparing presentations; use of Keynote and Tableau is advantageous;
- Exposure to working in environmental and/or regulatory compliance is advantageous.
Your primary focus will be delivering the set-up and maintenance of reporting requirements for Extended Producer Responsibility (EPR) Schemes within SAP REA. You’ll be engaging with various internal systems and teams to understand the reporting requirements of EPR schemes, the legal requirements set out in national and European legislation, the environmental attributes associated with each product and the IT requirements necessary to deliver the relevant sales and product data into SAP REA. The output of your work is an automated reporting system, producing high quality input for further processing by the compliance reporting team. In addition to this you will work with and support the Environmental Data Analyst as necessary to review environmental data attributes associated with products as this will be a key data component in setting up and maintaining EPR Schemes. As part of the compliance reporting team, you will also be required to execute and submit compliance reports to EPR schemes as necessary. You’re comfortable engaging internally, and with vendors and government agencies across the EMEIA region. Your working style can be described as innovative, accurate, inquisitive and solution oriented. You are a critical thinker who enjoys working in a high paced, cross-functional, and international work environment.
Education & Experience
BA or BS degree or equivalent
- Closing date for applications 6th Jan 2020