DF&A Analyst - 12 month contract
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple is a place where extraordinary people gather to do their best work. Together we create products and experiences people once couldn’t have imagined — and now can’t imagine living without. If you’re excited by the idea of making a real impact, and joining a team where we pride ourselves in being one of the most diverse and inclusive companies in the world, a career with Apple might be your dream job… Just be prepared to dream big. The role will be based in our Hanover Street office in London. ABOUT SALES FINANCE The successful candidate will become a member of the Sales Finance team at Apple. With approx. 200 employees based across EMEIA this team works primarily with the Sales function to provide best in class business and financial support. Being a member of the Sales Finance team means focussing on the customer experience; when problem solving, stripping out what is not essential and focussing on what is; demanding the very best from yourself and the rest of the team; choosing the right path of action, identifying what is critical and letting go of what isn’t; working in a high performing team and connecting with others, asking for help when needed and going out of your way to help others succeed. As a Forecast Analyst you will manage, analyse and construct the weekly Sales view for a designated group of countries and key accounts. This will require working closely with the assigned local market Sales and Finance management to build an analytically robust, yet commercially aware unit forecast. These forecasts represent the plan of record unit demand signal for the company and influence both the corporate and operational planning & execution processes.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills, at all levels of the organisation
- Attention to detail as well as ability to give broad perspective and articulate understanding of the wider business performance
- Excellent business support & analytical skills as well as planning and organising skills
- Experience of working as part of a high performing team
- Very strong Excel skills, ability to work with large data sets and proactive approach to look to make improvements to tools and processes.
- Knowledge of writing Excel macros and ability to build Tableau dashboards preferable
- Proactive and can do attitude, taking the initiative to always make operational improvements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with other European language an advantage.
Engage with Country leadership team to support forecast validation & sign-off. Analyse key business trends. Prepare country/key account forecasts in close collaboration with sales, executing by inputting into forecast system as plan of record Coordinate communication of forecast within country teams. Variance analysis of sales performance & local market insight. Risk and opportunity management & representation in regional/country reviews. Streamline processes and tools used in the weekly unit forecasting process for product group.
Education & Experience
Degree and/or MBA required. Accountancy qualified or working towards accountancy qualification preferred.