POS Production Engineering - Incident Management
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionised entire industries! It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it! IS&T Point of Sale (POS) Engineering is responsible for the technology and IT systems used to enable Apple Retail Stores to service millions of customers enabling Apple Retail to become one of the best retailers in the world. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you enjoy solving complex problems with process and technology? Do you thrive in environments that require multi-functional thinking, collaboration, and innovation? If so, this may be the Role for you.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity, demonstrated through clear communication.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation
- Proven ability to understand programming languages such as Java.
- Knowledge of Databases & SQL
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Hands on experience with EasyPay
- Understanding of Apple Retail Store processes
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with a group of “A” player software engineers from related but different backgrounds to make POS & EasyPay truly innovative. The ideal candidate takes pride in investigating and resolving incidents in the moment but also analyzing the root cause to mitigate future escalations. They will work collaboratively with cross-functional teams in both IS&T and the business to identify issues, design the best solution, and work with the engineering team to accurately test and deploy changes. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be hands-on, proactive, talented at problem solving, have the mindset to challenge the norm, and have a strong desire to learn and work towards excellence. You will also: - Monitor application health and build solutions to ensure stability - Manage the investigation of incidents - Partner and work collaboratively with teams both inside and outside of IS&T - Drive the stability and scalability of the POS application - Document and communicate solutions for troubleshooting steps with a global team - Develop and maintain a working knowledge of trends and standard methodologies within Apple - Lead and/or participate in the development of functional requirements and technical specifications
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or minimum of 3 years Apple Retail experience preferred.
- - Willing to work on-call rotation and weekend working
- - Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities
- - Experience in troubleshooting problems and working within a team to resolve issues.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.