Channel and Partner Communications Director, Marcom Europe
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Apple Marcom Europe is looking for an individual to lead the Channel & Partner Communications organisations, reporting to the Marcom Geo Lead. As consumer behaviour changes and partners’ routes to market become ever more sophisticated in how they engage customers, Apple is encouraged to think holistically about the customer experience, in a way that lives up to our amazing products. You will galvanise the European and WW Marcom organisation to frame the customer journey as a creative opportunity and deliver an outstanding experience from Apple. From partners’ communications, to their digital environments, to their retail experiences, this person will need to work collaboratively with sales, channel & partner communications leads to define a process and execute work that works across all touchpoints. Working with 4 team leads, you will be responsible for a team of 27+ people and for setting their goals & objectives. You will make recommendations on aligning team skill gaps & capabilities around complex Apple & Partner omnichannel marketing environments. You will also represent channel groups on the European Marcom Leadership Team, & ensure alignment both internally with sales & externally with partners.
- Excellent leadership skills, inspiring and overseeing a large team.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to influence senior stakeholders, both internally & externally with both third parties & their agencies.
- A deep understanding of, & significant experience in articulating brand communications & experiences, across the customer journey from ATL, digital & social, into both physical & e-commerce channels.
- Experience in developing big creative platforms that extend into digital, social & direct ownership communications.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of European partners’ digital & physical channel environments to inform communication platform & content updates.
- Capable of decoding creative work quickly to feedback real time on partners ideas & creative concepts.
- Experience with building positive relationships.
- Passion & eagerness to develop & execute outstanding marketing campaigns with external partners.
- Flexibility/adaptability to change in a dynamic environment & working as a member of a high performing team.
- Extensive experience in account management, agency, or in-house marketing communications.
Defining clear annual sales & marketing plans for key partners in Europe will be an important metric. This will require the channel & partner comms organisations to work closely with key sales account managers to define not only better branded merchandising solutions throughout partners retail estate, but also better integrated communications to support initiatives. Synthesising annual partner plans at the Geo level & identifying key opportunities will be critical insight to the Europe Quarterly Marketing planning review process. This role will be the primary contact within Marcom responsible for understanding & sharing insights as it pertains to key business partners across a variety of Europe markets, driving focus in Top 5. A key responsibility will be to define & build a far more effective information feedback loop to the WW channel & Partner Communications teams to share insights & opportunities. The job will require close partnership with the WW Channel & WW PC leads to ensure ongoing alignment of platforms & content across all routes to markets. This position requires an ambitious, flexible individual with very strong interpersonal skills. We are looking for a strategic thinker, capable of seeing the bigger picture & orchestrating projects to that end. You will also constantly challenge the status quo & seek new & innovative ways of communicating both internally & externally.