Apple Media Products (AMP) - Machine Learning Research Scientist
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
Would you love to help us bring surprise and delight to the experience of tens of millions of Apple Music subscribers and to influence the future development of Apple products? The team responsible for crafting many of the key features of Apple Music is looking for a talented scientist to help design and build our next generation of recommendation and playlisting services. You'll be joining a small and enthusiastic group of researchers and developers who share a real passion for machine learning, engineering and music, and who care tremendously about our central mission of connecting artists and music lovers.
- Proven knowledge of machine learning applied to real world problems
- Hands-on experience cleaning, manipulating, analysing and modelling data
- Track record of relevant scientific publications
- Strong software development skills in Python
- Familiarity with current ML toolkits such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Background in recommender systems, search, computational advertising or NLP a huge plus
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in an object-oriented language such as Java, Scala or C++ is a plus
- Love of music
In this role you will be joining a cross-functional team of researchers and engineers to work on challenging and meaningful problems in applied machine learning, ranging from audio content-based analysis to recommender systems for music. Scientists on our team are expected to contribute directly to user-facing products as well pursuing a longer-term research agenda. To thrive in this environment you’ll need proven strong practical research and coding skills combined with an imaginative scientific attitude and a strong focus on understanding and serving our users. You’ll also need to love communicating and collaborating with a variety of colleagues in a dynamic environment. In return you'll have the chance to work on some of the most interesting problems in industry-scale machine learning, with state of the art resources at Apple, including huge compute grids, top-quality machine learning tools, and massive quantities of data. Based in central London, you will also occasionally travel internationally to work with other teams at Apple, particularly in the US. Is this you? If so we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
PhD in computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or related field.