Design Verification Lead
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Do your life’s best work here - with the whole world watching. Join the fast growing team at our UK GPU Design Center. At Apple, new ideas and complex challenges have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly... Come and join a team of extraordinary experts driving significant technology innovation within one of the world’s great companies. The Graphics Verification Lead will be responsible for a team being responsible for the pre-silicon RTL verification of blocks in graphics cores. This includes deep understanding of the micro-architectural details of designs and how they work within the broader GPU. A strong computer architecture background, preferably in graphics, and a solid foundation in verification methodology will be used to close testing coverage with high confidence.
- You will have multiple years of relevant experience including:
- Previous success owning DV for a complex GPU block and leading a DV team
- Expertise with a verification language such as SystemVerilog/UVM/OVM and/or strong software engineering (C/C++) skills
- Expertise with Verilog/VHDL, HDL simulators, and waveform viewers
- Experience defining coverage space, writing coverage model, analyzing results
- Experience working under strict deadlines and leading multiple priorities
- Graphics architecture knowledge is a plus, though you will have strong knowledge of computer architecture, general purpose microprocessor and memory sub-system micro-architecture in lieu of graphics experience
- Experience scripting languages like Python, Go, Ruby, Perl a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate
You will have full responsibility for DV of a hardware block/IP, including leading a DV team and communicating plans and status to management Develop and track to verification plans on an aggressive schedule through sign-off, in coordination with design leads, architects, and program management Build and maintain verification test bench components and environments Generate directed and directed random tests Run simulations and debug design and environment issues Create functional coverage points, analyze coverage, and improve test environment to target coverage holes Create automated verification flows for block verification Apply knowledge of hardware description languages (VHDL/Verilog), verification languages (SystemVerilog/UVM/OVM), and simulators to verify complex designs in a large ASIC / SOC. Work with other block and core level engineers to ensure seamless verification flow
Education & Experience
BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD in related field
- While we will be opening a satellite office in Cambridge in the near future which will allow for regular work from the site, this job will be based at our primary St. Albans location.