Apple Media Products (AMP) - Big Data QA Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Are you passionate about shipping phenomenal software and services to positively impact millions of users worldwide? The Apple Media Products QA Analytics team are looking for an experienced Big Data QA Engineer to help test the features and services which drive the iTunes, App Store, TV and Apple Music storefronts and services You’ll be joining a small and hardworking team of QA engineers who share a passion for testing and care deeply about the quality of Apple products, with a strong focus on customer experience
- KEY TECHNICAL SILLS
- Excellent understanding of Big Data Technologies (HDFS / Hadoop / MapReduce / Azkaban)
- Excellent knowledge and experience of data query tools (SQL / Spark / Hive)
- Proficiency in Python or Java
- KEY EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years software testing experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience of data validation, pipeline and ingestion testing
- Strong experience of writing sophisticated queries using Spark, SQL or Hive
- Proven track record of implementing Python or Java automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience developing test strategies, test plans, creating test cases and debugging
- Self motivated with proven track record to lead QA projects and contribute as part of team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Comfortable and adaptable in a fast paced dynamic environment
In this role you will be working alongside like minded QA engineers testing features and services which power iTunes, App Store, TV and Apple Music storefronts and services You will be expected to take end-to-end responsibility of test projects including planning, automation implementation, manual testing, bug reporting / isolation, and collaborating closely with engineers and project managers in cross functional project teams. To thrive in this role you will need to be proactive, detail orientated, with a proven experience of designing and implementing automation frameworks from scratch. You must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment with rapidly changing priorities. You will also need strong interpersonal and communication skills and a willingness to work as a team player The role is based in central London however it may occasional international travel to work with other teams at Apple
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree or equivalent meaningful experience
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products. Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.