Camera Software - Image Processing Research Engineer
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The Camera and Photos team provides innovative algorithms and image processing solutions for all of Apple’s world-class devices which include the most successful imaging product, iPhone as well as other camera related systems. Combining ground breaking colour science, machine learning, computer vision, and image processing techniques with next-generation hardware, our team takes the mobile photography experience to the next level. If you are passionate about finding and solving new problems in computer vision and image processing, we have the job for you.
- A good understanding of colour image processing and computer vision concepts
- Excellent programming skills with experience in Matlab, python and C/C++.
- Proven practical experience in creating and implementing algorithms for image processing or photography applications and/or high impact academic publications in a related field.
- Optical Engineering
- Proficiency in both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams
The Camera and Photos team is seeking extraordinary, driven, and innovative developers to work on special computational photography, machine learning, image processing and computer vision solutions. Through crafting advanced imaging algorithms and forward-looking features on our team, you will contribute to existing and future iterations of Apple's products. You will collaborate daily with our team of engineers to build a new and dynamic vision of how we approach new problems. You will contribute directly to solving those problems using creative and unique algorithms.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD (or equivalent experience) in Colour Science, Image Processing, Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Applied Mathematics or a related field is required.
- Desirable Qualifications Knowledge/experience in GPU/Metal programming. Familiarity with applied mathematics and machine learning Experience with iOS or other mobile systems This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.