Apple Cloud Infrastructure - Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple’s Cloud Service Infrastructure team as a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Manager to help support and scale cloud services for thousands of development and operations engineers. This is a hands-on role to establish SRE practices for a private cloud service to accelerate our ability to expertly and consistently deliver thousands of applications.
- Skilled at working multi-functionally to achieve project success.
- Desire to build, grow and improve a team (manager as a mentor attitude).
- Passion for automation and reluctance for manual implementation.
- Strong philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Strong sense of ownership wanting to understand how things work and resolve root causes.
- Ability to encourage and foster a culture of visibility and transparency across teams.
- Experience managing enterprise services in a large scale *nix environment.
- Experience with Cloud Computing technologies (particularly Kubernetes).
- Experience with DevOps tools, processes, and culture.
- Experience with Puppet, Chef or Ansible.
- Able to solve issues across the entire software stack.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be responsible for providing the platform for mission critical cloud systems to maintain constant uptime, scale seamlessly, and allow for new applications and services to flourish. We are looking for the successful candidate to be highly ambitious with a passion for excellence, quality and detail. The SRE Manager will not only support operations, but also collaborate with the developers and architects within the team to aid in the design and assist with the implementation to improve stability, security and scalability.
Education & Experience
• Technical (Engineering or Computer Science) BS/MS degree or equivalent work experience.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.