Silicon Validation Engineer
Swindon, Wiltshire, United Kingdom
At Apple, we work every single day to craft products that enrich people’s lives. Do you love working on challenges that no one has solved yet? Do you like changing the game? We have an opportunity for an ambitious and exceptionally hardworking Silicon Validation Engineer. As a member of our dynamic group, you will have the unique and rewarding opportunity to shape upcoming products that will delight and inspire millions of Apple’s customers every day. We are looking for a Silicon Validation Engineer who will enable us to validate our mixed-signal chips, in close collaboration with Digital Design, Analog Design, Production Test and System Engineers. The responsibilities include contributing to the Silicon Validation hardware and software development, and having a decisive role in shaping the validation architecture for future silicon.
- Deep knowledge of mixed-signal silicon validation
- Strong electronics background with proven experience with wireless handheld devices, preferably with power management circuits
- Hands on experience with lab automation tools and environments, from discrete instrumentation to complex PXI systems
- Proficiency with Python programming
- Experience with design and/or validation of switching converters (Buck/Boost/Charger) and linear regulators (LDO)
- Board level analog and digital circuit design expertise
- Basic knowledge of IC Production Test
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, combined with the ability to collaborate
- Ability to work well on a team, take responsibility, and motivate self and others
Participate in bring-up & post-silicon validation of complex new silicon, with the objective of driving product to mass production Develop, interpret and deliver silicon validation test cases and complex validation results Build, maintain and develop automated validation platforms (Software + Hardware) Board level circuit design, schematic capture, defining routing constraints, and layout reviews Work with cross functional teams across Apple, to support product development and mass production Work closely with peers to achieve efficient and aligned methodologies
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent is required.
- Some international travel required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.