Graphics Software Engineer - Graduate
Saint Albans, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Apple’s GPU Hardware Tech team are responsible for the outstanding graphics in Apple’s chips which power everything from Apple Watch and Apple TV to iPhone and iPad. We have unique career opportunities for grads interested in applying their hardware and software knowledge towards developing Apple’s cutting-edge GPUs. We’re looking for those with talent and ambition to innovate the way we design graphics processors, to provide the next technological leap and improve customer experiences in areas like real-time graphics, VR/AR, parallel computing and deep learning, and welcome you to work among the industry’s best. Soon-to-be graduates that excel at and love real-time computer graphics and are familiar with computer architecture and modelling, GPU programming, graphics algorithms, and game design are a perfect fit for our team.
- Excellent communications skills, ambitious and well-organised.
- Excellent C/C++ programming skills.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise and knowledge of graphics rendering algorithms (GPU architecture knowledge a plus).
- Experience with GPU APIs; preferably Metal, OpenGL, and/or OpenCL.
Define, write, and debug GPU architectural, functional, and performance test suites. Support GPU hardware teams during model and design bring-up pre / post silicon. Participate in the design and implementation of GPU verification tools and APIs. Create production quality automated flows for graphics core verification. Provide insight into how real-world workloads could stress the design as well as benefit from new GPU features. Author application-like use cases that combine advanced graphics and compute algorithms. Propose design changes based on issues found.
Education & Experience
Currently enrolled in your final year of your BSc/MSc/BEng/MEng/PhD from a reputable university.
- Some international travel required.
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.