Apple Cloud Infrastructure - Senior Field Engineer (Kubernetes)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Join Apple's Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) Compute team as a Field Engineer. You will be key to establishing and implementing the best of Apple enterprise technologies within the broader Apple engineering ecosystem. Partnering with teams using Apple cloud technologies for improving Apple products as well as identifying areas for opportunity and adding your recommendations to process improvements and the creation of new technologies. We are looking for someone to be responsible for working closely with various Engineering teams to develop, implement, execute, analyze, and communicate the features and improvements critical to deliver the next cloud services and cloud products for Apple.
- Experience working with relevant technology as either a user or field engineer.
- Experience presenting on technical concepts to end users.
- Experience architecting highly available systems.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos).
- Experience speaking at Industry events.
- Hands on ability to code to build proof of concepts etc.
- Experience working in an open source community.
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude for learning.
- Ability to set and maintain goals, welcome feedback and enjoy success.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion.
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems.
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done.
• Managing relationships across Apple’s product teams, business organizations, and external open source communities. • Understanding core concepts for cloud native technologies, specifically Kubernetes. • Providing technical consulting for Apple teams transforming to container solutions. • Working with Apple teams to implement solutions based on ACI Compute technologies and integrations. • Demonstrating the impact of transformation for containerized and cloud native technologies in partnership with Apple teams. • Building kubernetes integrations to tackle for Apple feature and scale problems. • Understanding feature requests and advocating for customers and users with program/product management and operations • Providing leadership and customer feedback throughout the product or project lifecycle. • Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
Education & Experience
• BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.