AI/ML - Engineering Manager, Siri Understanding
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Machine Learning and AI
Apple products and Siri work together beautifully to create amazing experiences. Whether its raise to speak with the Apple Watch or simply sending a message without lifting a finger, we're driving the way people and devices interact. Through groundbreaking innovation Siri is always learning and at the heart of this is intelligent decision making. Bring your passion to Apple and help continue this work. You will lead an outstanding team who develop machine learning solutions in Siri's Decision Making group. Your team will enable Siri to make intelligent decisions to help our millions of users get things done - just by asking. You will be managing a highly talented team of engineers tasked with developing the next generation of Siri.
- Experience delivering large-scale applied ML features to shipped products
- Ability to create effective designs to solve complex problems and lead teams to implement them
- Proven ability to deliver reliable, resilient and well tested code
- Hands-on approach and pragmatic attitude in turning ideas into working solutions
- Ability to recruit and train ML engineers
- Experience managing the lifecycle of ML models and ML pipelines
- Effective communication skills with ability to coach colleagues and give impactful feedback
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience in NLP, NLU and conversational AI desired
- Experience delivering on-device machine learning products desired
You will be working as part of an extraordinary team, including world-class software engineers and expert machine learning practitioners who are all passionate about applying groundbreaking techniques to conversational dialogue. Success relies on effective, technical and hands-on management of a team productising ML models to make Siri more intelligent. We are looking someone with the creativity and enthusiasm to invent the future. We are looking someone with the creativity and enthusiasm to create the future. You will be a champion for quality within the team, contributing to and reviewing designs and code and providing meaningful feedback. Communicating clearly and having the flexibility to learn new technologies, while continuously developing your skills will be key to your success. Supporting other teams, collaboration and being someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, is also crucial. Based in Cambridge, we work closely with teams across Apple worldwide. This includes evening meetings with teams outside UK, and limited international travel is required. If this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.