Design Production Manager, Apple Music (EMEA)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. We are looking for a Production Design Manager to lead our production efforts for Apple Music and the iTunes Store. This role will help to build and maintain our ongoing production cycles that will help to communicate our editorial voice in music.
- Ability to oversee multiple phases of design production.
- Excellent problem solving abilities to deal with challenging deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to anticipate change and react efficiently; comfortable with ambiguity.
- Able to create processes that support the development of hight quality work in a creative environment.
- Knowledge of the design industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with creative and business leaders.
- Able to handle multiple tasks for multiple individuals.
- Discretion in handling confidential materials and issues.
- Excels under pressure, maintaining a calm demeanor.
- Works well independently and with a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic creative studio environment and keep others focused on overarching objective.
- Mentor, train and develop production designers.
- Motivate and keep a strong team dynamic across multiple offices.
This is a position that will lead an international production design team focused on content and editorial design for music. You enjoy the opportunity found in challenges and help others see around corners to find solutions that align to key business objectives. You believe in the spirit of creativity and seek to facilitate innovation through the extension of existing creative. You will manage multiple resources and design requests, demonstrate flexibility and problem solving abilities. You will find innovative ways to refine our internal processes while prioritizing the requests. You will facilitate resourcing conversations and act as voice for your team’s workload and availability. This role requires internal and external communication with key stakeholders in the production cycle. Building and maintaining these relationships along with evolving our processes will be a large part of the role.
Education & Experience
- BA/BS degree in graphic design or similar creative field.
- Demonstrable work experience at a design, ad, or digital agency or at a technology company.
- Experience of leading, building and evolving a production design organization.
- Fluent in the creative and design lifecycle, terminology, workflow, and production management.
- Knowledge of digital asset management tools.
- Knowledge of collaborative tools (ie. QUIP, Slack).
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote.
- Flexibility in schedule to be able to communicate between GMT and PST timezones a plus.
- Passion towards the music industry and music is a big plus.
- Experience in working with teams across multiple (and international) locations a big plus.