Creative Manager, Apple Music (EMEA)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
People at Apple don’t just design products — they design the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do. Apple is looking for an outstanding creative leader for the Music Content Design team across Europe, The Middle East and Africa. This is a role for a true creative. A design thinker, communicator and problem solver who wants to have their hands in several things at once; who can conceptualize across screens, formats and break the conventions of those formats. Someone who can passionately lead a global team and is dedicated to shaping lasting meaningful editorial experiences for our listeners.
- Extensive experience in design and creative leadership required; experience with music labels, publishing, magazines or editorial content creation.
- A creative thinker who is strategically-centered, organized and process driven.
- Fluency across graphic design, typography, photography, motion and illustration.
- Excellent communication, both verbal and nonverbal.
- Have willingness to work on a global team, across PST and GMT time zones is required.
- A deep understanding on how brands scale along with how they communicate and shift within varying applications.
- Passion for cultivating relationships, mentoring creatives and the ability to use that rapport to align teams around a vision.
- Able to give concise and well considered creative direction.
- Ability to create and communicate comprehensive presentations around an idea, the team’s work, a campaign or future initiatives.
- Experienced in developing and executing an editorial design strategy and an advanced understanding of what makes content engaging and successful.
- Passionate about fostering a collaborative and inspiring team that will interface with multiple facets of Design at Apple.
- Keep up with and inspire from the evolving landscape of available music, technology and art.
- Strong photographic sensibility; sourcing, art-buying, editing, re-touching or capturing.
- A keen ability to create work under minimal supervision in an international context, as well as package and present solutions to the wider creative team.
- Act as a cultural guide, exposing unique, regional visual trends throughout EMEA markets and seamlessly applying them to the Apple brand.
- Collaborate with Creatives, Project Managers, Business Owners and Executives to solve complex problems with simple solutions.
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of Adobe Creative and iWork suites.
The Content Design team conceptualizes, designs and creates editorial content for some of Apple’s most visible products. Your ideas will impact the way we represent music and how we form visual conversations with listeners. You will lead creative strategy on how Apple Music looks and feels for listeners across the globe. You'll have a deep abiding love for music along with the artwork and the visual culture around it. A proven ability to deliver designs across multiple platforms that authentically represent the content. Your knowledge in music will range from contemporary to classics to regional deep cuts and you will be naturally eager to continue to learn. You will have proven experience taking calculated risks that drive culture, have an extraordinary eye for detail, a keen sense of what matters and a belief that you can make a difference. This is a leadership role that requires collaboration across multiple design, business and production teams. This person will lead the team responsible for creating original playlist artwork, campaign artwork and featuring artwork that will appear on Apple Music and iTunes Store.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic, Information, Communication, Web design or equivalent experience
- - Portfolio demonstrating proficiency in delivering strategic ideas across digital, social, motion and/or static form factors.
- - Passionate about the Apple brand and committed in preserving its authenticity
- - Willingness to travel to EMEA markets which Apple operates services in at least once per year.
- - English fluency a requirement. Additional languages are beneficial.