Business System Manager, Channel Sales, London
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Sales and Business Development
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple’s Sales organization generates the revenue needed to fuel our Product ongoing development and services. This in turn, enriches the lives of hundreds of millions of people around the world. Our sales team, is in many ways, the ambassador of Apple to our largest customers. Imagine what you could do here. Are you ready to take this challenge? Reporting to the Head of Sales BPR for EMEIA, the role sits within a larger WW Sales BPR & Processes group. This is a hybrid role, and you will be both a subject matter expert and a project manager and most importantly must be proactive. With at least 4 team members reporting to you, as the solution’s lead you'll be accountable for the ongoing maintenance, improvement and development of business systems and associated business processes within Apple’s EMEIA channel sales environment.
- Autonomously lead projects to different scale / complexity directly, or through your direct and indirect teams / network
- Assess the appropriate development methodology for each initiative (waterfall, iterative / agile).
- Anticipate customers’ needs and proactively ensure these are addressed in solution designs and technology roadmaps.
- Guide prioritization of system features and functionality both during project life-cycle and post go-live.
- Handle scope and establish clear expectations for services requested.
- Anticipate issues, handle risks and ensure that your team see you as a point of reference when they are unsure.
- Implement new ideas effectively within the Apple culture. Influence decisions and change management through collaboration, leadership and a customer-focused approach.
- Help establish processes for team members to ensure project goals are met and be the key interface between business partner teams and IS&T / Sales teams.
- Co-ordinate activities of others associated with the project, including supervisors and individual contributors.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with the broader Sales BPR & IS&T group and third party software development vendors to ensure collaboration on projects.
- Facilitate focused, concise design meetings/workshops, status updates and senior executive reviews.
- Lead cross-functional business teams with consultative direction from management.
- Work with business owners and data quality teams to ensure business readiness, including: co-ordination of training activities, definition of ongoing business definition and security governance, creation of related data dictionaries, creation and distribution of user documentation, and definition of adoption metrics.
- Participate in the continual development of the EMEIA Sales BPR function.
As the Channel sale’s system landscape grows within Apple in terms of both tools and complexity, there is also a growing need to have a tightly coordinated team passionate about this specific portfolio of systems, projects and operational activities, including support, all under a single lead. The role requires strong partner engagement at various levels, and is highly cross-functional. The successful candidate will be comfortable working with very different internal teams such as sales operations, including POS Operations, sales teams themselves, reseller operations, and all both in country and centrally, as well as global functions including; WW BPR & WW IS&T. You are responsible for a number of key operational activities to support the Sales teams using the tools available. Beyond this, you will also be involved in key WW initiatives (and in some cases lead) as they arise in terms of assigning team members or being directly involved yourself where those solutions have an impact on Channel Sales systems. The scope of the role encompasses various initiatives and all stages of the lifecycle from inception, mobilization and solution design, through to post go-live support and ongoing day-to-day business as usual dev / fix activities. Experience in; - Managing teams and individuals either in Apple or previously, this role requires someone with strong interpersonal skills who not only directs those around them, but also coaches and mentors where appropriate. - Prioritizing team activities and driving resolution of issues/dependencies across all areas of the project - Developing and executing project plans, defining scope, schedule, deliverables, resource and cost - Developing and managing business process design and system design. - Supporting a community of business sponsors from senior director level to operational resources. - Managing deliveries of varying scale and complexity within region working within an over-arching WW program and in a matrix environment, and also managing deliveries through external third party development companies directly. - Understanding and working with large scale corporate systems including architecture components, security, scalability, performance and integration.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience, ideally, with a technical and or commercial slant. A PRINCE 2, MSP, ITIL, BPM or similar qualification is desirable.