Data Scientist - App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV and related products.
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
We are looking for an individual with an exceptional data science skillset to join our Apple Media Products Big Data Science team. Our team supports data science solutions for App Store, Apple Music, Apple TV, iTunes Store and related products.
- Strong working knowledge of supervised and unsupervised machine learning models
- Experience in coding using Python, Scala, or another high-level programming language
- Experience in data processing/modelling using Spark and working knowledge of big data distribution system
- Working knowledge of data science production process (unit tests, data pipelines, etc.)
- Experience in building the data products is a high advantage
- Proven track record of delivering high quality analytical insights and data science solutions
- Demonstrable experience of using novel analysis or methodologies to make significant impact, on either product or research
- Solid sense of initiative and ability to drive projects to completion
- Highly motivated and self driven
- Superb communication skills both written and verbal
Our data science team is responsible for building reports and data science models to improve how customers interact with our products. The data scientist will work with large-scale datasets to do feature engineering and selection, train and build machine learning models and custom algorithms, evaluate and measure model performance, and work with partners on model adoptions. You will work closely with data engineers, program managers and business partners to understand problems, define and build solutions, measure and communicate results. The role requires both a broad knowledge of existing machine learning algorithms and creativity to invent and customise the algorithms when necessary.
Education & Experience
MS/PhD in Statistics, Computer Science, or other quantitative disciplines. Other and equivalent backgrounds may be considered.
- We acknowledge the novelty of the data scientist’s role in the analytical world and actively encourage the team to explore and learn. Therefore, it is desirable to be self-motivated when it comes to development and stay on the top of new techniques and research in the world of data. As a part of the team, you will be encouraged to participate in the conferences and workshops both internal and external.