Apple Media Products (AMP) Analytics Infrastructure - Data Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
We are seeking a world-class Data Engineer to join the Data Engineering team within Apple Media Products. AMP (home to Apple Music, App Store, iTunes and other services that millions of customers use every single day) has some of the most compelling data in the world. We are looking for a talented engineer who is motivated by meaningful problems and well versed with big data technologies. This is a rare opportunity to join a focused team and work collaboratively with other groups to make a significant impact.
- Languages: Java or Scala
- Working knowledge on the following distributed data processing platforms: Spark, Hadoop
- Great if you also know: Kafka, Java Map Reduce, Python
- Algorithms: You will be working on crafting new algorithms to process large scale data efficiently.
- We expect you to know: basic computer science algorithms, data structures and distributed algorithms to process and mine data
- Great, but not required, if you also know about how to develop: graph, data classification and clustering algorithms in distributed environment
- Good debugging, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Knowledge in engineering machine learning, feature engineering systems is a plus.
- Able to capture cross-functional requirements and translate them into practical engineering tasks
- Bonus points for experience in the music space
- 3+ years of programming experience
As a member of the Data Engineering team, you will have significant responsibility and influence in crafting its future direction. This role is inherently cross-functional and the ideal candidate will work across disciplines. We are looking for someone with a love for data and ability to iterate quickly on all stages of data pipeline. This position involves working on a small team to develop large scale data pipelines and analytical solutions using BigData technologies. Successful candidates will have strong engineering skills and communication, as well as, a belief that data driven processes lead to phenomenal products. You will need to have a real passion for quality and an ability to understand complex systems. If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, or meaningful industry experience preferred