Apple Pay - Engineering Manager
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming phenomenal products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! You bring passion, and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We are building the next generation systems powering Apple Pay. Leading a team of Senior Software Engineers, the Apple Pay Engineering Manager will drive our initiative to build the strategic elements of the Apple Pay stack, enabling first to market features that differentiate our products.
- Experience leading engineering projects from inception to shipped software.
- Consistent track record of hiring, and developing great engineers.
- Hardworking problem solver, building the best solutions for the most meaningful problems.
- Ability to communicate thoughtfully, demonstrating problem-solving skills and a learning attitude to build long-term relationships.
- Hands-on software development experience.
- Engineering management experience.
- Working knowledge of governance/security concepts and technologies including (PCI, ISO8583, PII, etc.).
We are looking for a manager with a strong foundation in engineering & financial industry experience. In this role, you will lead development of key distributed systems in the Apple Pay stack. You have a proven ability to solve problems, an interest in continuous learning and digging deep into the domain when necessary. JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE: • Day to day management of a growing team, including hiring, mentorship, and performance management. • Champion for quality and best engineering practices to ensure a scalable, and reliable system. • Multi-functional collaboration during prioritization, design, and implementation.
Education & Experience
• BSc or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.