Apple Cloud Infrastructure - Storage Software Engineer
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries! It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) team builds and provides systems that fuel Apple’s services (such as iCloud, iTunes, Siri, Maps). We are the foundation on which Apple’s software developers build the products that our customers love. The ACI Storage SRE team provides storage for Apple’s internal customers (iCloud, iTunes, Siri, Maps..etc). The storage backing these critical services is constantly evolving, and we are looking for hardworking technical leaders who understand the fundamentals of working in a disaggregated compute and storage world.
- Experience as a technical leader for highly scalable distributed system designs.
- Experience with software development in the Go programming language.
- Experience developing solutions using the Kubernetes API.
- Experience using cloud platforms and/or containerized application deployments.
• Work on a fast-paced, rapidly growing deployment platform that underpins Apples services. • Design, code and deploy highly scalable services that manage our storage fleet. • Collaborate with our feature development team to integrate new storage solutions. • Provide technical leadership and solve end-to-end the most difficult problems (work on design, implementation and productionization). • Be a hands-on coder applying the best industry standards for code maintainability and scalability. While also mentoring more junior Software Engineers. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Deep understanding of K8’s and containerized application deployments. • Expertise in Go programming language. • Expertise developing Kubernetes operators. • Experience building scalable services on distributed databases.
Education & Experience
• BSc or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.