Apple Cloud Infrastructure - Storage Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
London, Greater London, United Kingdom
Software and Services
The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that has revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Imagine what you could do here. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Apple Cloud Infrastructure (ACI) team builds and provides systems that fuel Apple’s services (such as iCloud, iTunes, Siri, Maps). We are the foundation on which Apple’s software developers build the products that our customers love. The ACI Storage SRE team provides storage for Apple’s internal customers (iCloud, iTunes, Siri, Maps..etc). The storage backing these critical services is constantly evolving, and we are looking for hardworking technical leaders who understand the fundamentals of working in a disaggregated compute and storage world.
- Experience with Kubernetes.
- Experience with software development in either Go or Python.
- Experience using any of the following configuration management/deployment packages:
- - Puppet, Ansible or Chef
- - Spinnaker
- Understanding of standard networking protocols and components such as: HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, ICMP, the OSI Model, Subnetting and Load Balancing.
• Work on a fast-paced, rapidly growing deployment platform that underpins Apples services. • Collaborate with technical leads to deploy and scale new and existing storage services. • Automate all day to day operations. • Support new and existing services, platforms, and application stacks. • Collaborate with development teams to release new features. • Scale testing, disaster recovery and capacity planning of new and existing services. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Expertise in Go programming language. • Knowledge of Kubernetes from the user’s perspective. • Experience using cloud platforms and/or containerized application deployments. • Expertise in Monitoring and Alerting.
Education & Experience
• BSc or MS in Computer Science or related technical field, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- • This role may require occasional international travel/transatlantic travel.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.